Today we call on every Filipino netizens to change their Profile pictures to black, because today is the last day of our Internet freedom, for tomorrow our freedom in Internet will die. Earlier, we wore Black profile as a sign of protest. But today we will continue to wear the black profile because we will mourn for our freedom, for tomorrow, October 3, the implementation of RA 10175 will occur, tomorrow our freedom of expression, of speech is DEAD.
Due to the passing of the Republic Act. 10175, or what we call “Cybercrime Act of 2012” which contains the online libel by our dear President Noynoy Aquino, we will now be forced to be silenced on not criticizing every one especially the government. Today we will mourn the loss of our freedom, after the Supreme Court in the Philippines failed to call on a TRO (Temporary Restraining Order) against R.A. 10175.
My fellow netizens. I feel sorry for everyone. And I hate everyone who voted to these so-called leaders, for they are the ones who should be blamed why our freedom is being insulted and continuously being raped.
Those people are the true weaklings! In their hands fall the blame on the downfall of the society!
Always remember, in our 1987 Constitution Bill of Rights, in Section 4 states that “No law shall be passed abridging the freedom of speech, of expression or of the press, or the right of the people to assemble and petition the government for redress of grievances“. And those people in power who should always upheld our constitution made the first blood! Those people who swore to protect our freedom are the ones who destroyed it!
Sorry to say this but, I am seeing the apocalypse of our freedom.
In this coming election, always remember those people who made RA 10175 possible. Don’t vote for them! Don’t let them win! And if those guys who made that RA 10175 won again and get elected. Then I tell you, this country really is a sick bastard.. (I’m thinking of not participating anymore in the electoral process, because I am now seeing hopelessness. Too many people nowwa days are too ignorant and foolish to choose abnormal politicians over the good ones.)
- [Petition] Call for Petitioners- repealing of the CyberCrime Law (RA 10175) – PIFA (hronlineph.com)
- Republic Act No. 10175 : Killing The Filipino Netizens (darcxed.wordpress.com)
- Internet activists, LGBTs join clamor for nullification of cybercrime law (bulatlat.com)
- PH under fire for anti-cyber crime law (mindanews.com)
- SC asked to declare cybercrime law illegal (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- ‘Retweeting’ & ‘Liking’ a Crime Under New Philippine Law (weirdasianews.com)
- Anti-cybercrime law will not be used against journalists – CIDG (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- Media groups: Cybercrime law repressive (newsinfo.inquirer.net)