Watched the Pacquiao – Marquez III fight? Dismayed I guess? ^_^
Many viewers and netizens we’re somewhat disgusted or disappointed with the result, for me my self, I knew JJM should had won the fight.
But after I did some research what really transpired and happened in the event, I bumped into this one which gives me some information why Pacman won the fight.
And here’s the reason why.
In a 10-point system,
- The boxer who wins a round is given 10 points, and the other boxer gets nine points. (10 -9)
- If there was a knockdown in the round (10-8)
- 2 knock downs (10-7)
- 3 knock downs (10-6)
- If a judge can’t decide who won the round, it is scored 10-10.
- if you are the challenger, you must be the aggressor (Pacquiao vs Cotto) in very close rounds the Champion gets the 10. For example if Pacquiao would just stay still and Marquez does not attack, Pacquiao gets the 10 and Marquez 9. In this case Manny (champion) was always aggressive while Marquez (challenger) waits for an attack and there he will made his counters.
Marquez’s body language fooled a lot of people. Making people feel that he was the winner or at least it was a draw. It may look like he was landing more punches but the tricky part here is he was on the defensive, luring Pacquiao into his tactical traps (remember the challenger must be the one who is aggressive to be awarded 10). So even if Marquez did connect more punches, he gets only 9 for being defensive and Manny gets the 10 for being the attacker.
Other explanation regarding why Pacman won is because, according to those ring analysts/experts close to the ring agreed that Pacquiao was the aggressor and did more to win the fight.
In the end, Manny Pacquiao got more “10”s than Marquez. Manny wins.
But still, we have our own opinions who we think is the real winner in that fight. As of now, let’s just rest this case and wait for the next event between this rivals. And let us hope that one day, we will see the answer to our question, who really is the winner between this two prized warriors of the modern times.
- Pacquiao in disappointing win (thelasvegasorientexpress.wordpress.com)
- Dissecting Pacquiao-Marquez 3rd bout (theexcelsior.wordpress.com)
- Pacquiao escapes Vegas with a decision (cbsnews.com)
- Boxing Insider is Manny Pacquiao vs Juan Manuel Marquez Fight Central (prweb.com)
- Manny Pacquiao Will Fight Juan Manuel Marquez for a Foruth Time Before He Quits (bleacherreport.com)