Last February 18, 2011, I was watching a nightly news, and their it is once again, the Catholic Church or should I just call it the “church” threatens their members who supports or use contraceptives of preventing to accept communion. In a good side they light up a bit in stance for they don’t use the dreaded EXCOMMUNICATION any more! May be because they see that more of their members displayed dismay in regarding of the “excom” threat.
But here is where I started to bang my head in the four corners of my room. They talked once again of moral and ethics. Hell yeah! as if they know all about morality and Ethics. That they are opposing RH bill for it is against “moral and ethics”!
Well here is my lecture on how Ethical are they, and how Moral really is the Catholic faith.
- Is it moral to execute falsely accused witches, which majority were either woman or children?
- Is it moral and ethical to conquer a country in the name of their faith and force its people to accept it or face death?
- Is Pedophile priests moral?
- Is it ethical to Catholic faith for those Pedophile priest to rather than surrendering them to the authority, this church just take this “Pedos” to other dioceses away from where he is wanted?
- Is it ethical to persecute the Knights Templars just to take their treasures with the collaboration of the French king?
- Is it moral to tell their laity that the pains of a giving birth mother is justifiable, and a way to atone the sins of Eve?
- Is it ethical to put the likes of Galileo to jail just because it goes against their teaching that the earth is the center of the solar system and the universe?
- Is it ethical and moral to control the state law of a particular country for their own?
- Is it ethical to let the church not to pay taxes yet they front lines disobedience to the law of the state if it pits against them?
- Is it ethical and moral to these Bishops and its cohorts(priests) to dictate to it’s people what should they do to their own body most especially in terms of family planning even though they themselves don’t have children of their own?
- Is it ethical to modify some parts or whole parts of the so called “bible” so to justify their claims of the truth they thought they knew?
I post this lecture of mine as a form of questionnaires for every one who were open minded to answer them, and let this church know if “are they moral and Ethical?”?
For me, before they talk about Morals and Ethical, they should first check among themselves if they really are and a credible authority to regarding the mentioned title.
Hmm, moral and ethics,… Are they?