WARNING: Before you read this post, if you are a Christian or a believer of any deity, before you react violently or criticize, please read the post with an open-mind and broad understanding. And then try to analyze the writing.
“If you kill a man, you’re a murderer.
Kill many and you’re a conqueror.
Kill ’em all…. You’re a GOD.” – Captive Honour, Megadeth
The Bible, Christians most revered book, is considered as the best-selling book in the world with more than 6 billion copies published,according to Top 10 of Everything 2002. Divided into two parts, the first one is called the Old Testament, containing a minimum of 39 books of Hebrew Scriptures, and the second part is called the New Testament, containing 27 books. The 1st four books of the NT are the canonical Gospels which centralizes in the story about the life of Jesus Christ.
The Holy Bible as they call it is also the main source of their moral belief and the source of an existence of a one and only living and loving father, God. But did you know that this so-called Loving Father is in contrast of who he really is if you consult the Bible? That this god according to the Bible is a promoter of genocide, rebellion and death penalty? Did you know that this holy Bible also permits human sacrifices to please god in special occasions? Still you do not believe?
Okay. Using the Bible as the source, I will give you evidences of such atrocities committed, written inside this so-called Sacred Scriptures. And I hope, with those things, I open up your eyes to the truth of your beloved book and your god.
The first examples I will give you is the use and promoting death penalty in the Bible. with its source, so, you could verify it if its true or not.
According to Torah, you will be put to death if you are or you commit:
- Blasphemy – Leviticus 24:10-16 (New International Version, ©2011) ” 10 Now the son of an Israelite mother and an Egyptian father went out among the Israelites, and a fight broke out in the camp between him and an Israelite. 11 The son of the Israelite woman blasphemed the Name with a curse; so they brought him to Moses. (His mother’s name was Shelomith, the daughter of Dibri the Danite.) 12 They put him in custody until the will of the LORD should be made clear to them. 13 Then the LORD said to Moses: 14 “Take the blasphemer outside the camp. All those who heard him are to lay their hands on his head, and the entire assembly is to stone him. 15 Say to the Israelites: ‘Anyone who curses their God will be held responsible; 16 anyone who blasphemes the name of the LORD is to be put to death. The entire assembly must stone them. Whether foreigner or native-born, when they blaspheme the Name they are to be put to death.”
- Human Sacrifice – Leviticus 20:1-5 (New International Version, ©2011) 1 “The LORD said to Moses, 2 “Say to the Israelites: ‘Any Israelite or any foreigner residing in Israel who sacrifices any of his children to Molek is to be put to death. The members of the community are to stone him. 3 I myself will set my face against him and will cut him off from his people; for by sacrificing his children to Molek, he has defiled my sanctuary and profaned my holy name. 4 If the members of the community close their eyes when that man sacrifices one of his children to Molek and if they fail to put him to death, 5 I myself will set my face against him and his family and will cut them off from their people together with all who follow him in prostituting themselves to Molek.”
- If a woman lose her virginity before marriage – Deuteronomy 22:20-21 (New International Version, ©2011) 20 “If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the young woman’s virginity can be found, 21 she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done an outrageous thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father’s house. You must purge the evil from among you.”
- Breaking Sabbath – Exodus 31:14 (New International Version, ©2011) 14 “‘Observe the Sabbath, because it is holy to you. Anyone who desecrates it is to be put to death; those who do any work on that day must be cut off from their people.”
- If you are Homosexual (Gay) – Leviticus 20:13 (New International Version, ©2011) 13 “‘If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.”
And that’s not it, there are examples of it if you will read your Bible in regards to Death Penalty mostly in the times of the Old Testament.
Now lets go to Human Sacrifice. Yes, Human Sacrifice. As you see in the Mosaic Law as stated above, Human Sacrifice is forbidden and any one who commit it is surely be put to death. But, that’s because the said sacrifice is intended for the other gods and not to this loving father. But if god wants human sacrifice, the Law of Moses is powerless against him. These are the two examples:
- Judges 11:29-40 (New International Version, ©2011) 29 “Then the Spirit of the LORD came on Jephthah. He crossed Gilead and Manasseh, passed through Mizpah of Gilead, and from there he advanced against the Ammonites. 30 And Jephthah made a vow to the LORD: “If you give the Ammonites into my hands, 31 whatever comes out of the door of my house to meet me when I return in triumph from the Ammonites will be the LORD’s, and I will sacrifice it as a burnt offering.” 32 Then Jephthah went over to fight the Ammonites, and the LORD gave them into his hands. 33 He devastated twenty towns from Aroer to the vicinity of Minnith, as far as Abel Keramim. Thus Israel subdued Ammon. 34 When Jephthah returned to his home in Mizpah, who should come out to meet him but his daughter, dancing to the sound of timbrels! She was an only child. Except for her he had neither son nor daughter. 35 When he saw her, he tore his clothes and cried, “Oh no, my daughter! You have brought me down and I am devastated. I have made a vow to the LORD that I cannot break.” 36 “My father,” she replied, “you have given your word to the LORD. Do to me just as you promised, now that the LORD has avenged you of your enemies, the Ammonites. 37 But grant me this one request,” she said. “Give me two months to roam the hills and weep with my friends, because I will never marry.” 38 “You may go,” he said. And he let her go for two months. She and her friends went into the hills and wept because she would never marry. 39 After the two months, she returned to her father, and he did to her as he had vowed. And she was a virgin. From this comes the Israelite tradition 40 that each year the young women of Israel go out for four days to commemorate the daughter of Jephthah the Gileadite.
- Gospels about Jesus, in line of his crucifixion. Another form of human sacrifice to please god and forgive all the sinners. [Go ask your Pastor or Priest to confirm this.]
You see? Even this god YHWH likes human sacrifices for him self too.
Here is another one. Due to gods’ arrogance and maybe to his distaste to Egyptians, god manipulated Pharaohs emotion
- Exodus 7:3 (New International Version, ©2011) 3 “But I will harden Pharaoh’s heart, and though I multiply my signs and wonders in Egypt”
- Exodus 10:20 (New International Version, ©2011) 20 “But the LORD hardened Pharaoh’s heart, and he would not let the Israelites go.”
which led to the infamous 10 Plagues of Egypt and the death of 1st borns of man and the beast, disregard of age
- Exodus 12:29-30 (New International Version, ©2011) 29 “At midnight the LORD struck down all the firstborn in Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh, who sat on the throne, to the firstborn of the prisoner, who was in the dungeon, and the firstborn of all the livestock as well. 30 Pharaoh and all his officials and all the Egyptians got up during the night, and there was loud wailing in Egypt, for there was not a house without someone dead.”
just to display his awesome power to his people.
- Exodus 9:16 (New International Version, ©2011) 16 “But I have raised you up[a] for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.”
But you might argue, those examples came from the OT and nothing to the NT. But wait, there’s more! I can give you two examples of it in the NT. All coming from the superstar, Jesus Christ.
Hinting himself as a destroyer, rebellious man who will bring chaos to the land.
- Matthew 10:34-37 (New International Version, ©2011) 34 “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn “‘a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law— 36 a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’[a] 37 “Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.”
- Luke 12:49-53 (New International Version, ©2011) Not Peace but Division 49 “I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled! 50 But I have a baptism to undergo, and what constraint I am under until it is completed! 51 Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. 52 From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”
Jesus suggesting killing within family.
- Matthew 10:21 (New International Version, ©2011) 21 “Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; children will rebel against their parents and have them put to death.”
And the Book of Revelations is not there yet for more blood and gore…
So, are you convince? If not, there is nothing for me to do to you. You’re now experiencing what we call Absolute Denial as a form of defense to your belief, in short blind faith. And the only cure is opening up your eyes and accepting the fact that your holy Bible is totally stained with blood and full of gore.
Now the choice is yours…
- The Tale of Jephthah Lingers (davidonesta.wordpress.com)
- Understanding Judges 11:31 (paulmarcelrene.wordpress.com)